Maintaining a positive mood and attitude can be very challenging at times. Life can get pretty stressful, especially when trying to multitask. Chances are you are familiar with managing several tasks at once. In today’s fast-paced environment, we often experience negative moods such as stress, discouragement, and fatigue. Just as being in a good mood gives you a sense of happiness and well-being, bad moods can also lead to negative feelings over time. When it comes to managing your mood, essential oils can help restore your emotional balance and improve your overall attitude in any situation.
Calm and Balance: Chill Out, It Will Be OK
- Cedarwood: Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body.
- Geranium: Diffuse aromatically to calm nerves.
- doTERRA Serenity® Calming Blend: Diffuse to help promote relaxation and peace.
- Arborvitae: Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and tension.
- Patchouli: Rub on temples or apply to the bottoms of feet to calm emotions.
- Ylang Ylang: Put a few drops into Epsom salt bath for relaxation.
- AromaTouch® Massage Blend: Add to bath or use with carrier oil for massage.
- Frankincense: Apply to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
- Roman Chamomile: Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas to soothe the body and mind.
- Vetiver: Diffuse aromatically or use topically with other calming essential oils, such as Lavender, Serenity, or Balance, to better help calm stress.
RESTLESS/LACK OF CONCENTRATION
- Rosemary: Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to help reduce tension, stress, and fatigue.
- Lavender: Add to bath water to soak away stress.
- doTERRA Balance® Grounding Blend: Apply to wrists or neck to help calm nerves.
- InTune® Focus Blend: Apply to temples and back of neck to enhance concentration when feeling tired mid-afternoon.
- Clary Sage: Apply to feet or pulse points to balance hormones.
- Bergamot: Diffuse in the classroom or at work
Mood Boosting Diffuser Blend
- 3 drops Vetiver
- 3 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Sandalwood
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- 3 drops Patchouli
- 2 drops White Fir
- 2 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Wild Orange
- 5 drops Lemon
You can make topical blends by adding essential oils diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil to a small roller bottle.